Who says Halloween is just for kids? With these Halloween inspired drinks, you can brew up some scary fun for all your adult guests.
1. Dry Ice: Buying some food grade dry ice is the perfect way to create spooky, Halloween inspired drinks. Food grade dry ice is available at most grocery stores and can liven up any party. Some words of caution regarding dry ice: Don’t touch it with your bare skin. It’s very cold and can cause frostbite, so always use tongs. Also, remember that dry ice is used only for its visual and cooling effects, and the tablets themselves are not meant to be consumed. If you are making punch, drop a chunk of dry ice at the bottom of the bowl and serve the punch with a ladle, so you don’t serve any of the dry ice. When the effect wears off, simply add more. If you are serving individual drinks with dry ice, drop two or three chips right after you’ve poured the drink, before you serve it to your guests. The dry ice will sink to the bottom of the glass and stay there; preventing the drinker from ingesting it before it dissipates and the steam effect subsides.
2. Candy Vodka – Candy infused vodka is all the rage this year when it comes to Halloween inspired drinks. It’s, easy, fun, and it tastes great. All you need is vodka, mason jars, coffee filters, and some candy. Start by adding one color of candy to each mason jar. To each jar, pour in 8 ounces of vodka. (Candy ideas: candy corn, skittles, pop rocks, candy canes). Place a lid onto each jar, close tightly and shake vigorously for 20 seconds. Let stand for about 3 hours. Now, filter each candy-infused vodka with a coffee filter. Then get a clean coffee filter and repeat. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
3. Glowing Drinks: Another cool Halloween inspired drinks idea is to serve glowing drinks. This idea works well for Halloween, and any other time of year. Sterilize glow sticks and use them as stirrers or get glowing ice cubes (available at most party stores.) Alternatively, tonic water glows under a black light. Use tonic water to mix your cocktails to create this Halloween inspired drink.
4. Pumpkin Martini: Nothing says fall like pumpkin flavored food and drinks, so we just had to include a pumpkin martini on our list of Halloween inspired drinks. The recipe is as follows:
- One graham cracker, crushed into fine crumbs
- Ice cubes
- 1 1/2 ounces rum (3 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin pie filling
- 1/2 ounce Sortilege maple liqueur (1 tablespoon)
- 1/2 ounce half-and-half (1 tablespoon)
Place the graham cracker crumbs on a small plate. Wet the rim of a chilled martini glass and dip into the crumbs to coat. In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the rum, pumpkin pie filling, maple liqueur and half-and-half. Shake, then strain into the martini glass.