How to stay safe during Spring break
Spring break is that once a year party where hundreds of college students migrate to cities and beaches across the world looking for a good time. No matter what continent it is on or what city you go to, there are going to be great parties, great people, and great times waiting. That is what spring break is all about. Most people are packing their bags and checking their itineraries, double checking reservations and buying swimsuits but there are a few other things you might not want to forget. Here is a list of ways that you can stay safe during spring break, because while it is about having fun, things can happen.
- Where you are and who you are – Your contact information is valuable. Let as many people as you can know where you are going, who you are going with, for how long you are going etc. This means letting your parents, relatives and even friends who can’t join in on the spring break festivities. This is extremely beneficial in the case of an emergency. Make sure you leave your flight information, hotel details, and other info for friends also on the trip.
- Have a best friend – If you don’t already know it is best if you have a buddy on your spring break. Having someone, especially if you are in a large group, can make it easy to make sure you get from place to place and they can keep tabs on you when you are drinking. It works both ways too so you can keep an eye on them.
- Never put your drink down -This may sound like a party anthem but it is actually true. Don’t ever leave your drink unattended. No matter what is going on around you don’t let your drink leave your sight or your hands. Too often bad things can happen with strangers if you leave your drink alone. So just hang onto your drink.
- Don’t drink and drive -You can hold onto your drink just make sure you don’t drive afterwards. This is dangerous not only for you but whoever else is on the road and can lead to some serious legal repercussions. It would stink to get arrested on your spring break.
- Wear a condom – Spring break if filled with young beautiful men and women. Spring break also includes lots of drinking so there is bound to be people having sex. This is fine, just make sure to always use protection. Random hook ups do happen but there shouldn’t be lifetime consequences for them.
And last but also very importantly in order to stay safe on spring break it is important that you always know where you are going. Whether this means keeping a map with you, saving locations in your phone, or paying the extra money for a cab. The worst possible thing you could do is decide to venture out at night and get lost. You may end up somewhere you don’t want and didn’t mean to be.
All in all spring break is a time to have fun and let loose. Let the party begin!