Know the rate of detection with each drug, to know if you can pass a drug test (saliva).
- Marijuana – (THC) Casual Use – (Less Than 3 Times Per Week) 4 days Heavy Use – (3+ Times Per Week) 30 Days
- Cocaine – (COC) 5 Days
- Methamphetamine – (METH)4 Days
- Amphetamines – (AMP) 4 Days
- Opiates – (OPT) 5 Days
- Phencyclidine – (PCP) 3 Days
- Benzodiazepines – (BZO) 4 Days
- Methadone – (MTD) 7 Days
- Barbiturates – (BAR) 3 Days
- Tricyclic Antidepressants – (TCA) 3 Days
So the best way to pass a drug test is just to stop using these substances for that amount of time or longer to be on the safe side. While you can try other things to pass a drug test you may not be able to when it comes to the saliva drug test. The reason for this is that saliva drug tests can be administered at any time; easily, effectively and accurately. There doesn’t have to be any notice ahead of time for this type of drug test. The good news is the saliva drug test has a shorter drug detection period than the urine or a hair drug test and the saliva drug test cannot be used to detect historical drug usage. Most drugs do not linger in saliva and disappear quickly. However, detection times for marijuana (THC) in saliva can extend up to 30 days.
A Saliva drug test simply involves using a swab that looks very similar to a common toothbrush, but in place of bristles a swab servers to collect the saliva. The swab is placed between the lower cheek and gum for about two minutes. Once saturated it takes a few minutes to produce a pass or fail on the spot.
So how do you pass a saliva drug test?
- Stay off of the drugs. The easiest way to pass a drug test is to not use drugs of course. In the case of a saliva drug test, this means not using for 24 to 72 hours, depending on the drug.
- Be careful about eating anything containing poppy seeds. Poppy seed muffins can cause you to have a false-positive test result because Opium is made from poppies.
- Ignore lab orders. If you receive instructions from the laboratory on what not to ingest prior to the mouth swab test, just ignore them. In fact, eating a high-fat meal one hour before the test will actually speed up the rate that drugs would normally move away from your mouth and on to being digested. Eat and drink as you normally would. You don’t want to give them any help proving your guilt.
- Eat a high-fat meal. Eating a high-fat meal one hour before the test will actually speed up the rate that drugs would normally move away from your mouth and on to being digested.
- Don’t buy expensive mouthwash products. You may see mouthwash products online that claim to be able to clean away traces of drugs prior to testing, but these aren’t foolproof, and usually cost around $40. The day of your test, clean your mouth by brushing, flossing, and gargling as usual.
- Altoid mints will help to mask chemicals in the mouth. Suck on Altoid Mints up to the time of your mouth swab test.
- Chew ice until testing time. Chewing on ice will also help by keeping the mouth freshly rinsed.